Δευτέρα, Ιανουαρίου 24, 2011

New Job ...PC support !


Ok ! I'm starting a new business...well sort of ! since I'm always doing PC support for friends - friends and now that I'm out off daily 9 to 5 work I might as well start making some money out of it !

Enter the world of broken laptop HD in a 5 year old PC with NO backup and the user is not some casual web surfing user but a foreign language teacher and the daily work consists of several word documents per day. A total of 4GB were missing in action and that was including the files needed for the next morning lesson !

Backup ? Eerr I don't know this word ! Something somewhere ...nope , just scattered files in varius memory sticks. Did I tell you to back up ?

I removed the disk from the laptop and put it in an external usb case just to find out that the disk was not recognizable from 2 diferent PC's and actually it caused a freeze in the windows box.
Last choice was to start the PC with a boot CD and try with recovery tools ...several failed but one worked :) http://damien.guibouret.free.fr/en/index_frame.html Partition Saving did the job and I was able to rescue almost all of the lost data. It was also fast and produced a nice log file in order to check for the actual damaged files. Top job and thank you !!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: